Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Piece of Paradise

Hello everyone! Today I am sharing some fun projects that I created for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - A Piece of Paradise

When I first saw what this weeks challenge was my first thought was Tropical, Beach, WARMTH; Somewhere where there wasn't any SNOW or ICE. Don't get me wrong I like snow. Snow is beautiful, it's fun to play in, you can get some awesome pictures, but right now I'm wanting some warm weather.

So with all that said here are my cards. All three of these are new layouts for me and I think they came out pretty awesome. I still think there is room for improvement, but hey, I gotta start somewhere.


This first card I made kind of like the layout example that I got it from. But after awhile I felt like it was lacking. Then I thought why don't I add some little dots around the word. 


Here's what it looked like before the dots.




And here's the finished product.





Like I said; there's still room for improvement but I think it's pretty good for the first time using this layout.





This second one in my opinion is a step up from the first. 
Again a new layout and still a bit simple.








And finally the one that I think is the best.




The squares measure an inch and I placed them around the edge of the card for a quilting affect with the flamingo sticker being the focal point.






I sincerely hope you enjoyed my little pieces of paradise. And I hope they brought some warmth (even if just briefly) to 
those of you who have lots of snow and ice outside.





Supplies I used: * Paper Studio and La Petites products are found at Hobby Lobby

Paradise 
- yellow textured cardstock - Paper Studio single sheet
- blue grid lines paper - Paper Studio single sheet
- water color bubble stripe paper - Paper Studio single sheet
- enchanted light blue paper - Paper Studio single sheet
- Paradise sticker - Paper Studio
- mini dots - scraps
- 2" circle punch
- paper trimmer
- glue runner - 3L Mystick


Summer Flower
- white textured cardstock - Paper Studio single sheet
- summer stripe paper - Paper Studio single sheet
- pool words paper - Paper Studio single sheet
- lime green grid lines paper - Paper Studio single sheet
- pink cardstock - scraps
- tropical flower cardstock - Paper Studio
- paper trimmer
- glue runner - 3L Mystick


Flamingos and Flip Flops
- turquoise textured cardstock - Paper Studio single sheet
- yellow textured cardstock - Paper Studio single sheet
- flip flops paper - Paper Studio single sheet 
- flamingo 3D sticker - La Petites
- paper trimmer 
- glue runner - 3L Mystick









1 comment:

  1. Jessi, I would say I've been kissed by a bit of sunshine. It'm enjoying watching the progress of your development as a "paper crafter"

    ReplyDelete